Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First Week in Nava (it has only been a week?!?)



Hey guys this is just a little blurb about the first week of school, I wrote it for the Roland's (the people I live with) newsletter.  Enjoy!
                When I arrived in Nava a little more than a week ago, I was excited and nervous to get work and live in the city.  By the time, school started on Monday I was more confident, having prepared some, but I learned the first lesson of teaching…and Mexico: Nothing ever goes as planned.  So I got to work on relaxing and just going with the flow with the kids.  Something I think we do pretty much everyday.  By the end of the week I was exhausted and sore, but I had so many moments when I was so happy to be living in Mexico.  Not only did I have moments that I realized I was grateful to be in Nava, but there were moments when despite being tired and nervous, I was encouraged and I knew that this is where I am supposed to be.  This happened when we prayed Friday morning over the school and Zac, and when we were greeted on Sunday by the congregation of San Pablo.  Through this and seeing the video that Zac put together this week for the school I was encouraged in knowing that we are making a difference for the kids at the school.  It was a great start to the year and I’m excited to keep working with the kids and letting God work.

No comments:

Post a Comment