Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dia de Independencia

Wow.  This week has been a long one.  Between schoolwork, planning lessons and teaching adult English classes I have been living, eating, sleeping and dreaming school.  By the time I finished this weeks work on Sunday, I was shot.  I'm going to have to figure out a way to manage and balance everything so that I get a break throughout the week.  I don't want to burn out on teaching so early in the year.
The good news is that the sixteenth this week is independence day for Mexico, which means...that's right no school.  But not just no school, no school for three days!  I get to rest and prepare for five days total this week including the weekend.


Part-ay!
 Not to mention, starting tomorrow night the party begins!  I will buy a Mexican blouse (red, white and green) and head to the street where there will be food out the wazoo: tacos...tacos...tacos, burritos, gorditas, enchiladas, iced fruit drinks and more.  We will play games and sing to a live band, and then when the clock strikes 11:30, we will all scream "Viva Mexico!!" and watch fireworks light up the sky.  Yeah, the U.S needs to learn how to party from Mexico. 
All in all I think it will be a good and exciting break.  Even on Thursday the teachers and students will be in a parade all marching together.

No comments:

Post a Comment