Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm slowly becoming a teacher...

So my second week of school ended today. We received enough money on Monday to be able to pay all of the teachers 200 dollars for the month of September, which was encouraging. This week was kind of rough at first, I was tired and getting sick and had a hard time really being motivated to get up every morning and teach little ruffians. But it worked out ok, on Tuesday even though I didn't felt good I got to read my class a story and I remember thinking how much I was enjoying the time. Today was the same even though it rained puddles, many of which seeped into the room under the door and from the ceiling. But honestly, the school really isn't as bad as I made it sound just now. Our classroom and two others have air conditioning and the people that I work with are becoming family rapidly. Bere, the other teacher I teach with just gave me a free ticket to a huge concert that is coming to Piedras on the 24th. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment