Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Prayer Requests

Hi everybody!
 I just returned to Mexico yesterday and I was amazed at how at home I've felt with Tex and Marissa and our friends.  Last night when we got to Piedras we got to spend some time with the family at Casa de Paz (House of Peace) which was full of conversation and laughter.  Already, today in my first day back Marissa and I went to babysit at Juan and Carolina's house.  They live behind us in the squatter community.  It was SOOOO fun to run around with the kids and just spend time with them. 
I just have some quick prayer requests as the New Year kicks off:
- Balancing time: So that I can value my friends and the students I teach with my time, while doing my best in school and planning for first grade at Nava School.  I need to let go of some of my tendencies to be a perfectionist so that I can be more present in Mexico and with these people.
- Focus: On the students I get to teach and their needs at the school both emotionally, physically and when it comes to education.  I need to recognize daily what an opportunity I have to spend time with the students and show them Christ's love.
-Wisdom: To know what and how to teach the students in ways that will best help them grow, and also for ways to include Jesus' and his love in our teaching and curriculum.
-Time with God: That I make time to be with God and get my value from Him, not what I do or through comparison to others.
Thanks again for your love and support, Happy New Year!
Katt

No comments:

Post a Comment