Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Posada y la Reunion (Christmas Party)

And then!...Speaking of being blessed to have such great friends.  We had a Christmas party: in Mexico they are called Posadas on the 11th of Mexico with our bible study called the Gathering.  We ate a ton of Mexican Christmas food: fish, beef, and ham along with mashed potatoes corn, salad, tortillas (of course).  The fish was called bacalao and was made with potatoes and several other ingredients.  Ramiro also made an awesome punch, called Ponche, made with several different kinds of tropical fruit and spices.  I am so grateful to be able to experience the culture and hospitality of Mexicans.
 It was a joy just to spend time with my friends and celebrate Christmas.  I told Tex and Marissa it felt like I was at home with family.  We went around the room and shared the best and worst things about our year.  My worst thing was being so busy with homework.  But the best was being able to come to Mexico and having seen God do so much in my life to make it possible that I could serve there and share the love and liberty that he has shown me.  It has been a constant reminder and confirmation that God has been working in my life and healing me.
 Among other good parts of the year that was shared were the family that we have found at the Gathering, and a friend who had just recently come to Christ.  Thank God for the family and friends He has given us, and the way He is working in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment