Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Dear Friends and Family,
 I owe you an apology.  The last month has been so crazy that I've struggled...nope struggled is the wrong word: I haven't updated my blog.  I know that I have pledged to update every week, and I failed.
 I was very busy with school in the last month (really this whole semester) and I kept putting updates off until I finished school work.  Then when I finished school work I told myself I would take a break, and still did not update.  Well the good news is that I am at home in good old Colorado now, taking advantage of some much needed rest time and I have time to tell you all about  my adventures in Mexico.
 Before I start, after I have finished my first semester of school, I have had some time to reflect on my job and experience in Mexico.  Part of this reflection had to do with spending some much needed time with my friends Mari and Flavio, who gave me great advice and provided a very restful and encouraging time at their house a about a week ago.
First Grade Class Nava School 
 I got too distracted with school and doing things perfectly (those of you who know me well know this isn't a new problem), and I neglected my friends and family in Mexico.  It is very hard to balance work and play... in Mexico, because I have so much to do, and there is so much to experience.  But I have learned in the last few days of rest that I want to be more present in Mexico in the upcoming semester, and let some of my perfectionism go so that I can focus on the children in my classroom and at the school.  And also so that I can build relationships in Mexico.
On that note I ask for some prayer:
-First of all, I need prayer for a restful break here in Colorado.  That I will take time to be lazy and just be.
-I also need prayer for time with God; time to slow down and become prepared for the semester ahead.
-Prayer that I will focus on the students that I teach at the school: That I will realize what a blessing it is to teach them and to be with them, and that I will focus on their needs as a teacher, not just being a perfect instructor.
-Prayer that I will be able to focus more on others and not myself.
Thanks so much for your support.  I feel so blessed to work in Mexico and have this experience thanks for making this possible, believing in me and supporting me.  I couldn't do it without you!
Loooooooovvvvve,
Katt

No comments:

Post a Comment