Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Recent Realizations


 A few weeks ago when Mary Beth came to Piedras to help out at the school, I was reminded of what changes have gone on in my classroom in the last year and what a blessing it has been to be a part of them.  We talked with groups in those weeks about that scripture where Paul talks about some people planting seeds and others coming along and watering them, and others pruning them etc.  As Tex read over and talked about these verses he brought up the school as one of these scenarios (of course that would be expected).  But what he pointed out, what I realized and what I think is very important for us to see at the school is that we are in a time of fruit being bared at the school.
 I think sometimes in my frustration and tiredness I talk to you a lot about needing patience and wisdom for my classroom and students.  Well, don't worry I'm not going to go back on those requests.  But I also need to tell you that what I see at the school daily, what Tex has seen, and what Zac and Kat are helping put into action is true renewal.  Someone described it as thriving, and I really think that is a great way to depict it.  I think the students really feel safe there,  they know are loved, and seem content.
 In my classroom alone, the students who at the beginning of the year were a huge handful (one which we expected to go on for the rest of the year) are those that now have taken the greatest responsibility for their actions and respond to instruction.  My students are slowly but surely learning to read, and they understand the concept of addition and subtraction.  Not to mention, they have all begun to get the hang of classroom procedures and behavior and sometimes surprise me when they do what is expected without being asked.  I think the biggest blessing is what I mentioned earlier, the whole school thriving.
 We still need prayer requests, but I need to remember to thank Jesus for the way that he has renewed the school.  I need to be more humble and thankful for this renewal daily.  Prayer requests to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment