Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh to be a Mexican

Oh my goodness!  I keep thinking what a crazy experience it is to be in Mexico!  Do you guys know why the cold is so cold in Mexico?  Because when it is cold outside, it is cold inside... it has been in the 20's the last few days. You guys, it even snowed in Allende a town about 30 minutes outside of Nava. School has been canceled, and we are sitting inside the house freezing!!
Dinner Enchiladas verdes: Notice that we all have coats on. :) 
 I'm at my good friend Ramiro's house, because Tex and Marissa had to go to Georgia for a few weeks.  They don't have heat or good insulation, because the houses here aren't built for the cold.    So I'm wearing two pairs of pants, three shirts, socks and slippers and I keep mistyping because my hands are so cold and soon I won't be able to feel my toes.  But it is ok, cuz I feel like I'm really experiencing Mexican life and it is kinda fun!  Plus it is supposed to be warm again tomorrow...I probably couldn't handle this for too long.
 Anyway, so I have been blessed to be able to stay at Ramiro's house with him and his mom, it has been a blessing just to hang out with them.  We also got to spend time with some of Ramiro's family and some friends Julio, Cesar, Samuel and Julie.  Again, it is great to be with these friends and experience life as a Mexican.  Ok, I gotta take a break and get some blood flowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment