Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

13 crazy Mexican kids!?


  Aside from the crazy cold, things are still going well.  I'm really grateful that I'm learning how to balance my time.  As I said earlier, I have time to rest and be with God, I have time to work on planning for Nava school, and I have time to get my own homework done.  More importantly I have time to BE with my Mexican friends and family.  I really want to be present here and so far it is working out.  I ask for your prayers that I can continue balance my time this way.
  As you all know, I really LOVE my job.  But lately it has been hard.  All of the sudden my class is crazy.  The students really struggle with paying attention and staying in their seats.  I plan a lot for classes and I really feel like what I have prepared will help them a lot, but when they are so crazy it is too chaotic for them to learn anything. 
I ask for your prayers that I could help them to pay more attention.  I think what we need to do is have more procedures and expectations that the students get used to and thus take responsibility for their actions.  With these procedures hopefully they will feel like they have more structure and can be more calm and pay more attention.  Please pray for wisdom that we can find appropriate expectations and procedures and that they will help.  Thank you!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment