Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Students in our classroom working on writing their letters.
This first week in Nava has been good, but definitely tiring. I teach the 1st grade class with another student teacher from Mexico named Bere. Right now we are working toward teaching the kids the alphabet, gym, some numbers, and just how the classroom will be run so that it will be much smoother and so they will learn what they need to. I started teaching English today to all of the classes, I just read a story and had them put it in order. I am still a little confused as of how to best teach English to elementary schoolers, but I have an idea of what is too easy for the older kids and what the younger kids are interested in. Please pray for my ability to really teach these kids and help prepare them for their future, and also to show them Jesus' love. It is all a learning process and I'm not sure how to best teach elementary schoolers especially in a different language, so please pray for that as well. Thanks guys, I'm learning a ton!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Peter, the classrooms really look great with the tiles. I love it! We just have to keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete