Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh, Mexico...I guess I've got to go now

Ok guys,
 Here goes.  I leave tomorrow at 11:45 for San Antonio and the Roland's will pick me up when my plane lands at 2:50.  I should be in Nava around 6 or so.  I'm a little nervous and very excited, please pray for my preparation for blessing the kids and working with the Mexican teacher as I travel.  On Monday school starts.  Here are some other prayer requests if you wouldn't mind keeping them in mind as I head out:


-My time and studies:  I will be working full time at the school and taking online courses to receive my teaching license.  Please pray that I can make the most of my time with the kids, my studies, and my peers as this experience is once in a lifetime.
-Safety:  Nava and Piedras are some of the safer areas of Mexico, but they still aren’t as safe as the U.S.  Please pray for wisdom for my peers and me as we travel and live in the city, and for protection from violence from the cartels or any other power that could be harmful to us.
-Pray that we can show the love of Jesus to the children and that they will come to know his love, grace, freedom, and hope.
-That we can help the children recognize their value and help them take ownership of their future.
-Also pray that as we share Jesus’ love with the kids that we will continue to learn and rest in His love, grace, freedom, and hope.  And that we will know that He is the one that does the work, we just have to rest in Him.
Love, Katt

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are finally starting in Mexico! Keith and I will be praying for these specific things. Te Quiero
    Mom

    ReplyDelete