Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green Eyes for Luck.

Quick story:
 So a few months back the teachers from the school went to another school to observe a class on reading.  It was a good experience to see another school and learn how other Mexican teachers manage their classroom and give lessons.  Anyway, I was seated with the director of the district and three teachers from our school and we were very much enjoying watching students do tongue twisters and read out loud.  All of the sudden a student raised his hand, and when the teacher called on him, out of the blue he said: "Profe, I think they say that having green eyes is good luck right?"  The student had noticed me and my light skin, light hair, and light eyes (they are blue by the way) and couldn't hold in his interest.  So he announced this question out- loud.  It was kind of awkward, and a little bit funny, but it was definitely a special moment that I will remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment