Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Mexican Family

Mural at Alleluya where Vicki and her family go to church.
I regret not notifying you earlier about a family who lost their baby and house last month due to a fire.  Of course things have been very rough for them, but I have gotten to see some of how prayer works in the last few weeks.  Their oldest son, Pedro was badly burned and had to be in the hospital for about two weeks.  Now though only about two and a half weeks later, he has new skin growing back and is moving out of the hospital to be with his family.  Pedro's dad also came to Christ as a result and Vicki, his mother, though devastated by the loss seems to still radiate laughter and joy.  AND we found out last week that she is pregnant again, which offers some joy and hope to the family as well.  This family did a lot of praying for me when Keith (my step dad) lost his job and it has been good to pray for and be there for them as well.  I'm learning a lot about how these people are my family in Christ as well.  Vicki and her family could really appreciate your prayers right now as Pedro still needs to go through therapy and they have to finish construction on a house that they need to move into as soon as possible.  Thanks for your support and prayers in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment